What is Gain The Edge?
- Gain The Edge 2021 is two half-day virtual workshops designed for anyone looking to better themselves! This interactive event is designed to help you set examples and influence others no matter your level of responsibility. We are excited to have New York Times Best Selling Author and keynote speaker, Steve McClatchy leading us.
Who should attend Gain The Edge?
- Anyone wanting to be better than they were yesterday. Leadership is not determined by a title. Everyone is a leader. Everyone influences those around them. Time management and relationship management are two aspects of everyone’s professional and personal lives that we can all do more effectively!
What will I leave with after I’ve attended Gain The Edge?
- After attending Gain The Edge, you will:
- Learn to better prioritize, improve you decision making, get more done in less time and learn how to manage interruptions
- Communicate more effectively, work successfully with difficult people, set expectations and hold others accountable without damaging trust, defuse emotional situations to restore communication, understand how your ego can get in the way of relationships which are not win/lose.
When is Gain The Edge?
Thursday, April 29th
8:30am – 9:00am Registration
9:00am – 12:30pm Personal Leadership & Time Management
Friday, April 30th
8:30am – 9:00am Registration
9:00am – 12:30pm Relationship Management
*There will be one break each morning.
Who is Steve McClatchy?
- Steve McClatchy is a keynote speaker, workshop leader and author of the New York Times Bestseller Decide: Work Smarter, Reduce Your Stress & Lead by Example. Steve has spoken before thousands of audiences on the topics of leadership, performance, personal growth, and work/life engagement. His client list includes the NFL, Google, Pfizer, Microsoft, Disney, NBC Universal, Accenture, John Deere, Under Armour, Wells Fargo and Campbell’s Soup. You will be captivated, motivated and inspired by his unique and practical approach to effectiveness and success. You can visit Steve’s website and consulting company, Alleer for more information.
How interactive will this workshop be?
- Very! Plan to have your webcam on and be ready to participate. There will be constant exercises, questions, and feedback. You will not benefit from this workshop if you plan to “multitask” your way thru the morning. Although virtual, you will be engaged the entire time. Set aside your morning to focus on learning, growing, and making yourself better than you were yesterday.
Who is ISM-Madison?
- ISM-Madison is south central Wisconsin’s chapter of the Institute of Supply Management. As a not-for-profit organization, we provide educational, networking and professional development opportunities for supply chain management professionals in the greater Madison area. Our goal is to be the premier resource for supply chain professionals in the greater Madison are and to promote their value. Visit ISM-Madison’s website for more information.
- The Institute of Supply Management is the first and largest not-for-profit supply management organization worldwide. Founded in 1915, ISM has over 50,000 members across 100 counties. For more than a century, ISM has impacted supply management and purchasing profession through education, leadership development, research, their coveted Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) certification as well as offering a leading economic indicator with ISM’s Report on Business. Visit ISM National’s Website
When do I need to register by?
- Registration will close on April 26th.
- Early bird discount expire on April 2nd.
- If you are registering for both sessions, please register by April 12th to ensure your workshop materials are received in time, although we will make our best effort to get them to you regardless.
Where do I register?
Registration is handled through Eventbrite
What is included in my registration?
- Two day registration includes:
- A copy of Steve’s book, Decide, printed and bound workshop materials, and premium gifts. 7 CEH’s will be issued.
- Single day registration includes:
- Electronic copies of workshop materials and 3 CEH’s will be issued.
What if I registered and cannot attend?
- Your registration can be cancelled through Eventbrite. Email [email protected] if you have any questions.
Are there group discounts?
- Absolutely! If you have a group of 5 or more who wish to attend, please email [email protected] for more information.
I’d like to make a change to my registration, who do I contact?
- Registration changes can be completed thru Eventbrite or you can email [email protected] to make any changes.
Who are this year’s Sponsors?
Companies that care about professional development and improving individuals.
- This year, we’ve partnered with some great companies that exemplify improvement and are excited to have them support Gain The Edge 2021. You’ll hear more about them at our event, but innovating, disrupting, and responsiveness are just a few qualities exemplified by these organizations. Please visit the following websites for more information: