What is Gain The Edge?
- Gain The Edge 2023 is designed for anyone looking to better themselves! This interactive event is designed to help you set examples and influence others no matter your level of responsibility.
Who should attend Gain The Edge?
- Purchasing, Procurement, Sourcing & Supply Chain.
- Support People – This is an excellent opportunity for support people from engineering, manufacturing, information systems, program management, finance, etc. to understand their important role in the negotiating process (it does not teach them how to negotiate, it teaches them how to professionally prepare for the negotiation – and a context for their role on the team.)
- Management – This fast-paced 1-day session enables purchasing management to understand the Preparation and Planning System being taught to their people. Once managers begin to request the Planning Grid and Preparation Worksheet from negotiators previous to the negotiation, the Preparation Process will start to become culture in your company. In addition, the meeting between managers and negotiators to discuss the Grid and Worksheet provides shared expectations about the outcome of the negotiation and a tremendous “forum for discussion” about any up coming negotiation.
- Negotiating teams who are preparing for a specific negotiation.
What will I leave with after I’ve attended Gain The Edge?
- After attending Gain The Edge, you will: This 1-day course provides participants with the opportunity to learn and implement a 3-phased, systematic, time-efficient approach to Preparation and Planning that they can use for the rest of their negotiating career.
When is Gain The Edge?
Friday, April 21st
How interactive will this workshop be?
- Very! There will be constant exercises, questions, and feedback. You will not benefit from this workshop if you plan to “multitask” your way thru the day. Set aside your day to focus on learning, growing, and making yourself better than you were yesterday.
Who is ISM-Madison?
- ISM-Madison is south central Wisconsin’s chapter of the Institute of Supply Management. As a not-for-profit organization, we provide educational, networking and professional development opportunities for supply chain management professionals in the greater Madison area. Our goal is to be the premier resource for supply chain professionals in the greater Madison are and to promote their value. Visit ISM-Madison’s website for more information.
- The Institute of Supply Management is the first and largest not-for-profit supply management organization worldwide. Founded in 1915, ISM has over 50,000 members across 100 counties. For more than a century, ISM has impacted supply management and purchasing profession through education, leadership development, research, their coveted Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) certification as well as offering a leading economic indicator with ISM’s Report on Business. Visit ISM National’s Website
When do I need to register by?
- Registration will close on April 19th.
- Early bird discount expire on April 2nd.
Where do I register?
Registration is handled through Eventbrite
What if I registered and cannot attend?
- Your registration can be cancelled through Eventbrite. Email [email protected] if you have any questions.
Are there group discounts?
- Absolutely! If you have a group of 5 or more who wish to attend, please email [email protected] for more information.
I’d like to make a change to my registration, who do I contact?
- Registration changes can be completed thru Eventbrite or you can email [email protected] to make any changes.
Who are this year’s Sponsors?
Companies that care about professional development and improving individuals.
- This year, we’ve partnered with some great companies that exemplify improvement and are excited to have them support Gain The Edge 2023. You’ll hear more about them at our event, but innovating, disrupting, and responsiveness are just a few qualities exemplified by these organizations. Please visit the following websites for more information: